This blog will follow Harriet and her journey as an exchange student to New Delhi, India.
10 months. 7,000 miles. Limitless experiences...

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Well, I'm Here!

Hello, world!

So, I have now been living in India for a week.... a week. Wow. It feels like so much longer.

A brief run-through of events:

Wednesday, June 29th: Pre-departure orientation in NYC
Friday, July 1st: Flew out of NYC
Saturday, July 2nd: Arrived in New Delhi
Monday: Began school


The program:

There are eighteen NSLI-Yers in New Delhi with AFS at the moment, and I am one of only three who will stay for the year. We are all between the ages of 15 and 18, and here to learn Hindi as well as Indian culture. We are attending classes at Amity International School Pushp Vihar. We are all living with host families.


Right now I am:

-terrified about the stretch of time ahead of me
- supposed to be studying Hindi for a test tomorrow
- overwhelmed with the extremes of Indian culture
- excited for all I will experience this year



I apologize for this not being very eloquent, but please forgive an exhausted exchange student! I promise I will write more interesting things in the future. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I will give a more descriptive update soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment